We are currently looking for an experienced IT Support Engineer with a range of IT infrastructure and service desk skills to join our IT Services team. You’ll assist with providing outstanding technical support to a large client base throughout Scotland.
The successful IT Support Engineer will have 1 years+ commercial experience of working in a technical support role where they have provided support remotely and face to face. Excellent knowledge of Windows Operating systems and Microsoft Desktop Applications as well as Office 365.
You must be well presented, able to communicate effectively (both face-to-face, over the phone and in written English), have sound time management skills and be a committed and flexible team player. You should be able to build rapport with clients and colleagues.
You will have a genuine love of technology but the ability to convey technical work in “plain English” is essential. Based at our offices in Macmerry there will be requirement to go onsite to customers premises. Pool vehicles will be provided for any onsite visits as required (you must have a full UK driver’s license).
Working in the fast-paced IT Support and telecommunications industry you will need to be proactive and a fast learner. A technical background in IT is essential. Effectively manage the resolution of support issues that are reported to us in an efficient manner. Supporting existing customer systems and new project delivery. Logging calls, investigating and communicating with customers through to resolution of the issue including remote and onsite support. Survey, design and implement solutions for new and existing customers. Ensure that we surpass our customers’ expectations. Provide support to the rest of the team as and when required. Proactively seek to improve personal IT knowledge and certifications.
Essential technical skills required:
- Support of Windows server including Exchange 2003, 2008, 2012, administration and build
- Support of Windows 7, 8,10, XP and MAC OS X
- Advanced Virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V) and SAN technology
- Solid networking knowledge with TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NAT, WAN, VPN, router config, VLANs
- Strong understanding of hosted backup solutions and restoration methods
- Office 365 administration
- Develop and maintain formal procedures for consistency and increased productivity
- The ability to articulate at a technical level appropriate to the circumstances
- Infrastructure Monitoring Technology
- Sharepoint Online administration/configuration experience would be an advantage.
Dependable and motivated, you will take responsibility for your own workload and take ownership of issues and see them through to resolution. Able to prioritise your own workload in line with the team objectives. You will also be driven to make effective use of your working day and be able to prioritise your workload. Microsoft certifications are highly desirable and a willingness to keep them current and gain further, relevant certifications is essential.
- Methodical and logical approach to IT troubleshooting with strong problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to remain calm and proactive under pressure.
- Motivation to develop knowledge and skills and work at the cutting edge of technology.
- Excellent eye for detail, presentable and a keen attentiveness to client needs.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a close team but also be self-motivated able to work on own initiative.
- Organised both personally and for the team, strong time management and excellent customer service skills.
- Develop and maintain formal procedures for consistency and increased productivity.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities across varying functions and locations.
- Self-motivated, with initiative and a “can do” attitude.
We offer 31 Days Holidays (incl. Stats) per year; additional holiday entitlement after periods of service.
Excellent salary commensurate with experience with good career prospects.
Apply by email enclosing your CV and Salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to:
The Directors, Euro Business Solutions Ltd., Euro House, Satellite Park, Macmerry EH33 1RW
No Agencies Please.