We are currently seeking an experienced Senior IT Support Engineer to join our team.
You’ll assist with providing outstanding technical support to a large client base throughout Scotland. The successful Senior IT Support Engineer will have 3 years+ commercial experience of working in an IT Technical support role (they must have proven face to face technical support experience) and excellent knowledge of Windows Operating systems and associated networking and virtualization technologies. A driving license is essential for this role and a pool van will be made available for client site visits.
- Manage effectively the resolution of support issues that are reported to us in an efficient manner
- Provide expertise to both team members and clients
- Ensure that we surpass our customers’ expectations
Typical activities include:
- Logging incoming customer communication, taking ownership of, and working on support queries that reflect your technical abilities
- Manage effectively the resolution of support issues that are reported to the team
- Keep customers informed, ensuring accuracy of detail
- Troubleshooting problems and providing advice on appropriate action
- Accurately record time activity and all customer communications in line with company procedures
Essential technical skills required:
- Proven experience in IT support
- Ability to produce clear, concise and accurate documentation and job notes
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange mailbox administration and domain controllers
- Support of Windows server including Exchange 2003, 2008, 2012, administration and build
- Support of Windows 7, 8,10, XP and MAC OS X
- Experience of Virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V) and SAN technology
- Solid networking knowledge with TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NAT, WAN, VPN, router config, VLANs
- Configuration of network file permissions including Group Policy, Active Directory, DHCP and DNS
- Strong understanding of hosted backup solutions and restoration methods
- Office 365 administration
- Sharepoint Online administration/configuration
- Develop and maintain formal procedures for consistency and increased productivity
- The ability to articulate at a technical level appropriate to the circumstances
- Previous experience of implementing projects
- Methodical and logical approach to IT troubleshooting with strong problem solving abilities.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate at all business levels
- Ability to remain calm and proactive under pressure
- Motivation to develop knowledge and skills and work at the cutting edge of technology
- Excellent eye for detail, presentable and a keen attentiveness to client needs.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a close team
- Strong relationship-building skills and customer service orientated
- Organised both personally and for the team, strong time management
- Provide motivation, training and technical support to team members with varying levels of IT knowledge.
- Ability to handle multiple requests/projects simultaneously and prioritise
- Tenacity and dedication to pursue an issue from beginning to end
- Self-motivated, with initiative and a “can do” attitude
We offer 31 Days Holidays (incl. Stats) per year; additional holiday entitlement after periods of service.
Apply by email enclosing your CV and Salary expectation to email@example.com or in writing to:
The Directors, Euro Business Solutions Ltd., Euro House, Satellite Park, Macmerry EH33 1RW
No Agencies Please.